CPO Approved Working at Heights Refresher Training Training
As of October 1st 2017, the Ontario Ministry of Labour requires employers must ensure that certain workers complete a Working at Heights training program that has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) of the Ministry of Labour and delivered before they can work safely at heights.
The training requirement is for workers on construction projects who use any of the following methods of fall protection: travel restraint systems, fall restricting systems, fall arrest systems, safety nets, work belts and/or safety belts.
Every three years you must take a CPO Approved Working at Heights Refrsher program to maintain you training. We offer a 4hr course to get you back up at heights and working safely!
Each participant is required to bring government issued photo ID, & CSA approved safety footwear, as well long pants must be worn. Participants who do not have the required identification, footwear and long pants will be removed from the class & reschedule.
Working at Heights is a prerequisite for this program. If you have not completed a CPO-approved Working at Heights program, you may not receive your Ministry of Labour Record of Training. To confirm your eligibility for this Refresher program, use the Eligibility Checker tool.
- Identify procedures for warning methods and physical barriers
- Understand the selection process, inspection procedure and be familiar with safe use of access equipment
- Know the different fall arrest systems, legislative requirements, fall arrest components and inspection process
- Identify fall hazards of a floor opening and an open edge
- Identify when fall protection or fall restraint equipment is required
- Select and assemble a fall restraint system using a self-retracting lanyard
- Explain minimum anchorage strengths for fall restraint and be able to identify acceptable anchor points
- Clearance Calculations for working at height with a variety of gear and systems
- Select and assemble fall arrest system appropriate to specific scenarios and understand the importance of rescue planning.
- Practical evaluations on inspecting a fall arrest system and donning and fitting a fall arrest harness
8hr (1 Day)