CPO Approved Working at Heights Refresher Training Training
As of October 1st 2017, employers must ensure that certain workers complete a CPO approved Working at Heights training program that has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) and delivered by a CPO approved training provider before they can work at heights.
The training requirement is for workers on construction projects who use any of the following methods of fall protection: travel restraint systems, fall restricting systems, fall arrest systems, safety nets, work belts and/or safety belts.
Every three years you must take a CPO Approved Working at Heights Refrsher program to maintain you training. We offer a 4hr course to get you back up at heights and working safely!
Each participant is required to bring government issued photo ID, & CSA approved safety footwear, as well long pants must be worn. Participants who do not have the required identification, footwear and long pants will be removed from the class & reschedule.
- Identify procedures for warning methods and physical barriers
- Understand the selection process, inspection procedure and be familiar with safe use of access equipment
- Know the different fall arrest systems, legislative requirements, fall arrest components and inspection process
- Identify fall hazards of a floor opening and an open edge
- Identify when fall protection or fall restraint equipment is required
- Select and assemble a fall restraint system using a self-retracting lanyard
- Explain minimum anchorage strengths for fall restraint and be able to identify acceptable anchor points
- Clearance Calculations for working at height with a variety of gear and systems
- Select and assemble fall arrest system appropriate to specific scenarios and understand the importance of rescue planning.
- Practical evaluations on inspecting a fall arrest system and donning and fitting a fall arrest harness
8hr (1 Day)