Fundamentals of Fall Protection Refresher (Municipal) – Director Approved Training
Ministry of Environment Director Approved Training – 0.4 CEU
(Course Code – 13269)
Employers must ensure that certain workers complete a Working at Heights training program that has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) and delivered by a CPO approved training provider before they can work at heights. Our training not only meets the standards for the Ministry of Labour approval, it has also been approved by the Ministry of Environment.
This training is for workers in the municipal environment who use any of the following methods of fall protection: travel restraint systems, fall restricting systems, fall arrest systems, safety nets, work belts and/or safety belts and need to collect CEU credits.
To keep your certificate valid beyond three years, you will need to complete an approved WAH refresher program. After you complete the refresher you will get another 3 year certification.
- Identify procedures for warning methods and physical barriers
- Understand the selection process, inspection procedure and be familiar with safe use of access equipment
- Know the different fall arrest systems, legislative requirements, fall arrest components and inspection process
- Identify fall hazards of a floor opening and an open edge
- Identify when fall protection or fall restraint equipment is required
- Select and assemble a fall restraint system using a self-retracting lanyard
- Explain minimum anchorage strengths for fall restraint and be able to identify
- Clearance Calculations for working at height with a variety of gear and systems
- Select and assemble fall arrest system appropriate to specific scenarios and understand the importance of rescue planning
- acceptable anchor points
4hr (1/2 Day)